Val di Vizze, one of the northernmost municipalities in South Tyrol
, borders on nearby Austria. Prati di Vizze, the chief town in the municipality, is located at the entrance to the Val di Vizze, which is 14 miles long.
This remarkable valley surrounded by majestic 10,000 ft. mountains invites you to stop and enjoy its unspoiled natural beauty. In the summer
, the countless hiking trails entice you to take simple walks or set out on demanding hikes at higher altitudes. The highest peak in the Zillertal Alps, the Gran Pilastro (11,500 ft) is also located in the Val di Vizze. In the winter
, some 14 miles of perfectly prepared cross-country ski trails
wind along the Val di Vizze. Of course, there's also a host of offerings for winter hiking fans
and downhill skiers.
, the northernmost town in South Tyrol and once the city of the legendary Fugger family
, is located 1.2 miles from Prati di Vizze. Although it still has a medieval flavor, with typical bow windows and stepped gables, Vipiteno has succeeded in becoming a modern town with thriving businesses. It's no accident that the street that runs through the old centre of the town is considered to be one of the most beautiful shopping avenues in Europe
. In Vipiteno, you can stroll peacefully, buy nice things, enjoy life... Prati di Vizze near Vipiteno offers much more...
- 280 days of sunshine
- the historical centre in Vipiteno
- the Gola di Stanghe ravine
- the shrine of Maria Trens
- the Multscher museum displaying the famous altar
- the Upper Valle Isarco herb garden, where medicinal and aromatic plants grown using organic methods are processed to produce teas, spice mixtures, natural cosmetics and liqueurs
- located on a large rock, Castel Tasso is one of the best preserved and most artistically important castles in South Tyrol. The small church of San Zeno is connected to the castle
- Castel Pietra
- Castel Wolfsthurn, which includes the Provincial Hunting and Fishing Museum
- the St. Giacomo trail... the north-south portion of the St. Giacomo trail runs through Vipiteno
- DOB – Designer Outlet Brennero
- many traditional mountain lodges
- countless walks and hiking trails
- Nordic Walking & fitness trails
- 105 miles of cycling paths and trails
- 3 ski complexes only 10 minutes away
- cross-country skiing trails and sled runs in Val di Vizze
And, the Valle Isarco and South Tyrol
offer many other events and attractions! Book your vacation now at Prati di Vizze, near Vipiteno… at the Hotel Wiesnerhof!