Bicycling in the Valle Isarco
The Wiesnerhof Bike Hotel … the Hotel in Vipiteno that's ideal for two-wheeled fans
The Valle Isarco offers some 435 miles of cycling paths and trails. Eisackbike, the association of hotels for cyclists in the Valle Isarco, will help you discover the most beautiful routes in the region. And m²bike, the biking professional in Vipiteno, will help you find the nicest routes in the surrounding area. You can bring your bike or rent one when you get here.
Sun, pure mountain air and breathtaking views will accompany and excite you during your vacation by bike in South Tyrol…from Prati di Vizze to Vipiteno and all the way to Bolzano, along convenient forest roads and cycling paths, where you pedal through panoramic sights of rare beauty. For those who have done their training, a vacation by bike in South Tyrol offers many interesting ideas.
The delightful Valle Isarco by bike
When you pedal from the Brenner pass to Bolzano, the distance is exactly 99 km, which is why it's called the 99 Trail. And you can pedal southward and return by train! It's also worthwhile to enjoy the cycling route of the Val Ridanna. This recently constructed path leads all the way to Mareta, at the foot of Wolfsthurn Castle, which hosts the provincial hunting and fishing museum. From here, you climb steep grades to reach the northern side of the Val di Ridanna, passing through numerous mountain farmsteads until you get to Masseria, at the head of the valley. The return trip follows a virtually flat route on the provincial road until you reach Ridanna. You then head back up to Mareta, and finally again take the cycling path to Vipiteno.
Over the Alps on a mountain bike
Riding a mountain bike in the Dolomites means admiring breathtaking panoramas, conquering steep slopes, crossing pastures and forests, and staying in shape.
- a tour of Mt. Cavallo: enjoy a 360° view of Vipiteno!
- a tour of the mountain dairies of Racines: from dairy to dairy...
- a tour of Cima Gallina: very interesting downhill cycling...
- itinerary for children in the Vipiteno area: lots of fun at an altitude of only a few feet.
- Passo di Vizze: you enter the valley and travel to the old church of St. Giacomo Val di Vizze. Then, you take a dirt road to the hamlet of Weiler Stein and continue on the "Jochstrasse" until you get to the mountain lodge at Passo di Vizze pass.
- Colle Isarco – Ladurno: you travel from Prati di Vizze toward Colle Isarco, and continue until you reach the Val di Fleres. The forest road crosses the woods and passes by small mountain hotels that are open all year 'round.
- Malga Massaro - Starting point: The Provincial Museum of the Mines of Ridanna/Mt. Neve. From here, you continue uphill for around 2100 feet until you reach the Massaro mountain dairy. After a break for refreshments in the dairy, you go back down to where you started!
- Transalp – A transalp is a tour across the Alps on a mountain bike or racing bike. One of the Transalp routes passes through the Passo di Vizze pass
Itineraries recommended by the Hotel Wiesnerhof for a trip by mountain bike in the Vipiteno area:
www.eisackbike.info and www.mountainbike.bz
Book your bike vacation now in the Valle Isarco in South Tyrol!